Now Hiring Job Title:
Delaware County Fair Facilities and Grounds Foreman, Full time employment
Compensation: Competitive Salary (subject to experience), Health Benefits, and Retirement Plan
Under the guidance and supervision of the Fair Manager, will plan, organize, and supervise all functions of fairgrounds facilities including areas of safety, maintenance/repairs, grounds, custodial, operations, and transportation.
Responsible to lead and supervise maintenance team in the general upkeep, care, and repair of the fairgrounds. Communicate anticipated work with the Fair Manager and Board of Directors Maintenance & Facilities Chair. Coordinate with vendors and renters to prepare, set-up, operate, tear-down, and repair fairgrounds for events.
Specific Work Examples:
• Day-to-day maintenance of the fairgrounds and physical facilities including repairs, custodial, inspections, and operations
• Assist fair manager in the daily supervision of maintenance and facilities employees, including leadership on daily task list, accountability for assigned duties, and safety oversight
• Hold weekly staff meetings to communicate expectations, outline weekly work needs, and anticipate event staffing demands
• Build, coach, and counsel maintenance team towards a desired quality of work
• Create and maintain regular service and repair logs for all equipment on the grounds
• Communicate personnel and physical facility needs to the Fair Manager and Maintenance & Facilities Chair
• Attend Maintenance & Facilities Committee meetings to answer questions, take action for the well-being of the fairgrounds
Education: High School Diploma (minimum requirement)
Physical Requirements: Ability to lift 50 lbs, some crawling, heavy lifting; manual dexterity and strength to operate machinery and tools, work outdoors in ambient weather
Valid Ohio Driver’s License
Ability to pass state background check and pre-employment drug testing
Leadership: At least 2 years demonstrated experience leading a successful team
Skills: Grounds Maintenance, Carpentry, Basic Plumbing and Electrical, Welding, Landscaping, Small Motor Maintenance
Technology: Email software, web browsers
Equipment: Familiarity with tractors, dump trucks, mowers, manure spreader,
Work is performed in a combination of office environment and outdoor (fairgrounds) settings. The position is impacted by rush jobs; heavy work flow during peak seasons; the need for extreme accuracy in monitoring expenditures; uncontrollable interruptions and distractions; and irregular work hours as the position is responsible to work evenings and weekends during scheduled events.
Please submit resume to: email@example.com
Resumes due by April 15, 2022