Education Requirements: High School Diploma or GED
Reports to: Facilities and Grounds Foreman
Classification: Seasonal hourly
JOB PURPOSE: Under the guidance and supervision of the Facilities and Grounds Foreman, perform work and tasks related to the maintenance and operation of the grounds and fair facilities, including, but not limited to, the areas of safety, maintenance and repairs, grounds, custodial, operations and transportation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Reports for work at scheduled time. Fills out time sheet showing hours worked daily. Work week will vary depending upon the season and work load. Weekend will be needed and will be scheduled by the Facilities and Grounds Foreman. Employees will be scheduled for a 30 minute non-paid lunch break.
2. Operate all vehicles, equipment and tools in the proper and safe manner. Sign in and out on equipment use.
3. Ready buildings for rentals and events. Clean and prepare buildings for rentals including moving in or out tables, chairs and other equipment. Clean building promptly after rental. Document and report any building or equipment damage to supervisor. Workers may be scheduled to work on weekends to clean and service bathrooms during weekend rental.
3. Maintenance and repair of DCAS equipment. Repair of equipment when required as directed and record all maintenance performed. Make recommendations to supervisor if more advanced repairs are required.
4. Maintenance and repair of DCAS Buildings. Perform routine repair, painting and maintenance of DCAS Buildings as directed. Make recommendations to supervisor when repairs are required. May include such repairs as plumbing, carpentry and painting.
5. Maintenance and repair of DCAS Grounds. Mow DCAS grass as required. Uses weed eater. Pickup and dispose of all junk, trash and clutter left on grounds. Move gravel and dirt as required. Maintenance, repair, and painting of fences. Remove snow and ice from sidewalks, parking and public access areas in winter. Make recommendations to supervisor when repairs are required.
6. Clean stalls and set up and tear down pens and stalls as needed. Operate necessary equipment to remove manure and shavings from buildings and grounds. May include but not limited to shovels, pitch forks, manure spreader, tractor, skid steer, loader and dumpster truck.
7. Winterize underground water system and rest rooms in late fall and ready for use in spring.
8. Receive boats cars campers and recreational vehicles for storage. Store vehicles in barns, and return vehicles to owners when called for.
9. Open, close, lock and unlock facilities and gates as needed.
10. Perform any other duty assigned by Facilities and Grounds Foreman and/or Fair Manager.
- Principles and practices of facility maintenance, grounds keeping and custodial including plumbing, electrical, landscape and grounds maintenance.
- Methods, materials, tools and equipment used in building maintenance and grounds keeping; and
- Safety and safe working practices for building maintenance, custodial and grounds keeping work.
JOB SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work independently and to complete daily activities as assigned.
- Ability to lift heavy objects safely – 50-60# objects.
- Ability to walk and stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to perform strenuous, physical labor under adverse conditions.
- Ability to understand, follow and carry-out written and oral instructions.
Multipurpose tractors Manure spreader
Trucks Skid steer and attachments
Mowers and mowing equipment Basic hand and power tools
Other tools necessary for job duties
The duties listed above are intended only as illustration of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and the requirements of the job change.
Email Resumes to : firstname.lastname@example.org